Frequently asked questions (FAQ's)
Find answers to our most commonly asked questions below
1. Can’t log in to SAFE Records?
If you are unable to log in to SAFE Records, in the first instance please contact your business’s SAFE Records Administrator who can reset the password for you. Alternatively please contact your nearest TIMG branch to reset your password
2. Questions regarding SAFE Records?
For all questions regarding SAFE Records please view our quick start guide below
3. Can’t find the answer to your question?
If you can’t find the answer to your question below please contact us
Ordering a document destruction bin
1. What document destruction bin size do you offer for casual use and how long can I keep it for?
240 litres is the only document destruction bin size available for casual customer use. This is the same sized bin as is used in most areas around the country for council recycling purposes. You can keep this bin for 7 days. Order a casual bin here
2. How do I know what capacity document destruction bin I am using or need?
Our large 240 litre bin is the same as is used in most areas around the country for council RECYCLING purposes. 104cm high x 74cm deep x 58cm wide.
Our small 120 litre bin (available to customers with accounts only) is the same as is used in most areas around the country for council RUBBISH purposes. 94cm high x 54cm deep x 48cm wide.
3. I’m an existing TIMG customer. Which option should I choose online to have my document destruction bin or bag emptied?
Please use the ‘existing customer destruction order form’ and choose the relevant bin or bag option depending on which you have: 240 litre bin (large blue secure bin), 120 litre bin (small blue secure bin), recycle bin (large white non-secure bin), bag (bag or pouch)
4. Can I order a document destruction bin to be delivered and used at a private property?
Yes you can, just specify your private address when you fill out the casual customer bin order form (which can be found here)
5. I only have a small amount of paper to be destroyed. Can I order a casual bin or can I drop my paper to TIMG directly for destruction?
You can order a casual bin online which includes delivery, collection and destruction. Alternatively, you can contact your local TIMG branch to organise dropping your paper to us. A minimum charge will apply
6. I’ve paid for a document destruction bin online, how long will it take for the bin to be delivered?
For most of the main cities and metropolitan areas the usual delivery time is 2 working days. All non-metro areas will depend on the scheduled run allocated to that area. Please contact your local TIMG branch for more information on scheduled runs
7. What can and cannot go into my document destruction bin?
You can place all paper-based office products into your bin including copy paper, cardboard and manila folders. You don’t need to remove staples or clips. For disposal of CDs, hard drives (HDDs), computer components and a range of other non-hazardous items please contact us
8. How do I know when my next document destruction bin pick-up is scheduled?
9. My bin is locked. How can I unlock my bin?
All our confidential document destruction bins are locked for security reasons. A driver can be sent on special (written) request to unlock the bin in an emergency
10. What happens to the paper that TIMG collects?
Paper is sorted into various grades, securely shredded and is then recycled into other paper products. Find out more on our corporate responsibility page
11. What happens to the document destruction bins and confidential documents once your driver leaves our site?
Our drivers ensure that the bins are securely locked, then loads them into a secure truck. The bin is then delivered directly to our high security document processing facility where paper is sorted into various grades. Documents are then processed through our shredding machines and are then compressed into bales, ready for recycling. TIMG are members of NAID (the National Association for Information Destruction). In New Zealand, TIMG is the only NAID member holding AAA accreditation (at our Wellington facility). Where possible all destroyed paper is recycled to ensure the environmental impact of the waste product is minimised. In fact, 99% of the paper we destroy is recycled and we are committed to being environmentally friendly
12. Can you sell your shredded paper to me?
Unfortunately, no. Our paper is securely destroyed and recycled into other paper products
13. I have a bulk amount of paper to destroy. Can you help?
Yes we can collect bulk paper in boxes and on pallets. Please contact your local TIMG branch for more information
1. I can’t log in to SAFE Records
If you are unable to log in to SAFE Records, in the first instance please contact your businesses SAFE Records Administrator who can reset the password for you. Alternatively please contact your local TIMG branch
2. Questions regarding SAFE Records?
For all questions regarding SAFE Records please view our quick start quide
3. How does the ‘destruction’ option in SAFE Records work?
This option in SAFE Records is currently under development and will be available in the near future
Ordering storage boxes
1. Do you offer storage archive boxes in smaller packs (instead of the standard bundle of 25)?
Sorry no we don’t as we have found that a bundle of 25 is the best quantity for our customers
1. Do you have any new LTO (Linear Tape Open) tapes available to deliver today?
Yes, we hold a small amount of the most commonly used LTO tape stock for small same day deliveries. Larger orders take 2-3 working days. Please contact your local TIMG branch to place an order
2. How soon can you deliver my tapes and media?
Urgent delivery – 2 hours. Priority delivery – 4 hours. When an AM request is submitted, this will be delivered on the same day in the PM. When a PM request is submitted, this will be delivered in the AM the next day
3. We have media to be destroyed. Can you help?
Yes, please contact your local TIMG branch for more information
Invoices and billing
1. When are invoices issued and can I pay online?
Our billing cycle works on a Monday to Sunday 4-4-5 week pattern. Invoices are issued on the first Monday after the next billing period. Unfortunately you can’t pay your invoice online, however you can contact your local TIMG branch and pay your invoice over the phone with your credit card
Services offered and areas covered
1. What areas do each of your branches service and what services do they offer?
Please check our Branch Details page for more information